The leading destination-resort company (now MGM Resorts), operating 24 resorts in Nevada, Mississippi and Michigan including: MGM Grand, Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, Luxor, New York New York, Treasure Island and Beau Rivage.
Senior Vice President – Chief Information Officer
Reporting to the President, responsibilities included: management of personnel supporting 70,000 employees, 14 data centers, 30,000 network nodes, $100M 2006 budget, staffing and planning.
- Successfully centralized and consolidated IT resources to support the $8B merger of MGM MIRAGE and Mandalay Resort Group.
- Implemented team-based project management methodology, centralized systems management and help desk to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Reduced expenses by 25% by consolidating IT resources to support the merger of MGM Grand, Inc. and Mirage Resorts, Inc.
- Deployed data warehousing and CRM using Microsoft SQL Server and E.Piphany.
- Architected and remotely managed European online Gaming business operation.
The premier supplier of desktop and BackOffice client-server software systems for industry, government and home.
Managing Consultant, Microsoft Consulting Services
Reporting into the Regional Vice President, responsibilities include technical consulting, new business development, staffing and planning.
- Lead Consultant for Promus Corporation (Hilton), producing a $12+ million Property Management System using Windows, NT Server, SQL Server, Visual Basic and C++.
- Technical/Business lead for Microsoft’s Hospitality Industry marketing focus.
- Business development at Harrah’s Entertainment, FedEx, International Paper and First Tennessee Bank.
The leading worldwide supplier of engineering graphics (CAD/CAM) systems for industry, government and scientific users.
Executive Manager, Consulting Services 1990 – 1994
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Software Systems, responsibilities included planning, staffing, marketing and implementation of Systems Integration business services.
- Directed a team of consulting professionals providing business process reengineering and systems integration for the commercial and DOD industry.
- Increased consulting services revenue from $300,000 in 1991 to over $9 million in 1993.
- Designed and implemented the Intergraph Internet-Based Order Desk that improved delivery times and reduced the cost of booking small orders.
Executive Manager, Computer Integrated Manufacturing Applications 1981 – 1990
Reporting to the Vice President of Design, Engineering and Manufacturing. Responsibilities included planning, developing, marketing and supporting CAD/CAM applications software.
- Directed eight departments with graduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. professionals.
- Developed, planned and marketed CAD/CAM applications software on VMS, UNIX and Windows resulting in an 18% product market share worldwide.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer Xerox Corporation, Rochester, NY
Manufacturing Engineer Teledyne Corporation, Mobile, AL